Thursday 15 September 2011

French Dragoons (yellow facings)

After several weeks (early August last posted) of not doing any painting of the wee men (redecorated our bedroom and it took ages) I have finally finished the last of my AB dragoons. I'm quite pleased with the result. As you can see these are in two regiments of 12 figures each, although could be doubled up if I ever play General de Brigade rules. These are the reserve/standing pose though you will make out a couple of charging poses on standing horses! You probably can't make it out from the photos but I bought some flowering shrub tufts (yellow) and some tufts of weeds(grren) from Aneconetis workshop. I added some static grass but this got tangled up with the weed tufts. Flags by AB. Only other thing I did differently was to experiment with how I painted some of the faces.






4 comments:

  1. Cracking figures Ken,
    I think these are some of your best. Also like your pics and your choice of background.

    The Code for the Flags for the Lads fanions is: NFI 15

    You will have to specif what range they are (15mm) as the code is the same for both.
    awe ra best Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really very nice Ken. Beautiful Dragoons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite brilliant looking figures Ken, the green and yellow really stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again gents, very nice of you to comment

    Cheers

    Ken

    ReplyDelete

Followers