Wednesday 25 February 2015

Mexican Light Infantry #1

These are Old Glory (what else!) 25mm figures. They are in fact Spanish infantry from American/Spanish war of Teddy Roosevelt fame. Since the game at Ayton in May will be based on a desert scenario (circa 1880's)I wanted to go for the khaki look. They go quite well with my Mexican militia infantry who are more or less buff/khaki uniformed.

They are ok apart from one typical OG "look at me I'm about to trip up and fall pose!". However, I find something less than satisfactory about sandal wearing infantry such as these. Maybe because you cant give an enemy a good kicking or whatever....anyway the next two regiments will be made of OG British Boer war infantry. I painted a red square on the left side of the sun helmets and painted a "1" to identify them as the 1st regiment. The flag is by Battle Flag - these were left over from the ACW game from two years ago.

I based them on the 40x30 MDF bases I normally use to hold eight 15mm figures. I want these to be able to skirmish as well as fight in ranks so they are based in threes for open order/skirmish and can be combined into the more usual six per base.







8 comments:

  1. Excellent looking figures Ken, I like how you've painted the uniforms in different shades of brown, makes them look more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Ken. Didn't know they wore pith helmets. Very unique look for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither until I perused the OG 25mm website.

      Delete
  3. I like these OG Spanish figures. I have bunch of them but I don't recall them wearing sandals. I must check when I return home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm sure they are sandals, however the toes are not sculpted/formed at all, they are definitely not shoes. - the Mexican militia I painted were clearly wearing sandals.

      Delete
  4. Love this uniform, they look great, nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Followers