Thursday 21 May 2015

casualty bases

Rather than just place the dice next to the damaged unit I thought I paint up some special bases instead. A few people seem to be using them and I quite like the effect. I went for rectangular bases rather than circles so they can join up flush against the unit they are attached to. as you can see I made space for two 7mm dice, just in case. The frames & dice were bought from minibits.

So I bought some French, Prussian and British OG casualty packs, and will probably get Russian and Austrian as well. Debating whether or not to use dead horses for the cavalry. Examining the packs, most of the French are lying down as expected with only a few standing up like this guy who looks as though he's just realized he forgot something. The Prussians have a couple of poses that dont look like wounded, probably same again with the Brits.





9 comments:

  1. Nifty idea. The die frames are purchasable and not handmade? I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I get them from these guys..

    http://www.minibits.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, now I've got no excuse for leaving causality dice behind when I move the unit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bases Ken. But I thought ALL your bases were casualty bases...eventually... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Andy, so true you cruel man. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers