Saturday 3 August 2013

Family Day Out - Belsay Hall

Just got back from a fun packed day at Belsay Hall and castle in Northumberland, this is an English Heritage site and is free for us since my wonderful Wife has a Gold card membership. The theme this year was all things Regency so the Hall had a few rooms filled with costumes from the TV series from that period. Think Jane Austen etc etc. The best bit for me was the reinactors of the 68th and 33rd regiments who went through their drill evolutions and fired off several volleys. There was only 17 of them between the regiments, I guess even heroes must have their August holidays! I recognized a face or two from when they appeared at Alnwick castle a few years ago.Other attractions were a camera-obscura and an elegantly dressed lady telling us about the joys of tea. As you can see further down I also got robbed by highwaymen....Anyway, enjoy the photos.













































2 comments:

Followers